1. Sleeping late at night ________ getting up late in the morning.
A. lead B. refers to C. leads to D. result
2. They are mother and daughter, but strangely they have nothing in______.
A. common B. total C. general D. surprise
3. I have great difficulty ________the suitable food on the menu in that restaurant.
A．find B．found C．to find D．finding
4 . All the classmates were _____ my plan.
A. in honor of B. instead of C. in favor of D. by means of
5. He is known _______ a singer.
A. as B. for C. to D. at
6. The doctor suggested Tom _______ at home for a week.
A．stayed B. staying C. to stay D. stay
7. We lisic _______ they like sports .
A. where B. when C. while D. but
8. ________ my teacher, I’m becoming more and more interested in English.
A. Thanks to B. Thanks for C. Thank to D. Thanking for
9. When you are learning to drive, a good teacher ___.
A. makes no difference B. makes a difference
C. takes notice of D. in response to
10.Jonna was ___________ at your ________opinions about the universe.
11. What you said had a great ________ on him.
A. affect B. effect C. effort D. result
12. ——Does Tom have a new coat?
——Yes. In fact, it is quite similar ______ yours.
A. as B. like C. to D. with
13. -----Which would you like to have for breakfast, two eggs or a bottle of milk?
-----Rather than ____eggs, I prefer ______a bottle of milk.
A. to eat, to drink B. eat, to drink
C. to eat, drinking D. eat, drinking
14. John received an invitation to dinner, and with his work _______, he gladly
A. finished B. finishing
C. having finished D. was finished
15. I couldn’t do my homework with all that noise _______.
A. going on B. goes on C. went on D. to go on
16. My foot is very big, so they ______ it ______ a little boat.
A. compare; to B. compare; with
C. compares; to D. compares; with
17. His parents died, ________ him an orphan.
A. leave B. to leave C. leaving D. left
18. I went to see him, ¬¬¬¬¬_________ him out.
A. only to find B. found C. finding D. find
19. The children have picked _______ English when they were studying abroad.
A. up B. out C. on D. off
1.What does the man mean?
A. Richard was very successful. B. Richard was very confident.
C. Richard hasn't done well.
2.What does the man prefer to do?
A. He prefers taking a plane because it is fast.
B. He likes to take a plane because it is comfortable.
C. He prefers taking a train because he can enjoy beautiful things.
3.What are the two speakers talking about?
A. A fine boat. B. Their friend, Tom. C. The weather.
4.What can we learn from the conversation?
A. Tom is ill now. B. The man is Tom's brother.
C. The woman will go to see Tom.
5.What does the man mean?
A. He enjoys his job very much. B. He doesn't like his job. C. He hasn't a job.
6.Where does the conversation take place?
A. At a night club. B. At a sports center. C. At a department store.
7.Where is the Men's Department?
A. On the first floor. B. On the third floor. C. On the fourth floor..
8.Why doesn't the woman take the last plane to New York today?
A. Because it is too late.
B. Because it is fully booked.
C. Because it is too expensive.
9.Which plane does the woman decide to take?
A. She decides to take the 11:15 plane.
B. She decides to take the 9:15
C. She decides to take the 12:15
10.What does the woman want to know about the plane?
A. She wants to know the arriving time.
B. She wants to know the number.
C. She wants to know the leaving time.
11.Which of the following is NOT a reason why the woman is going to leave?
A. Tom is leaving.
B. She no longer likes working here.
C. She would like to try something new.
12.What do we know the woman?
A. She is going to London.
B. She is leaving England.
C. She has been to many countries.
13.How does the man feel about the woman's decision?
A. He is happy to leave with her together.
B. She regrets that she has told her.
C. He regrets about her leaving.
14.What are they talking about?
A. Mike's classmates. B. The collections. C. Collecting stamps.
15.Why does Henry collect the old money?
A. Because he is an expert on it.
B. Because his grandpa taught him a lot.
C. Because he wanted to become very rich.
16.What does Liz collect?
A. She collects postcards. B. She collects stamps. C. She collects leaves.
17.Who was Mrs. Robinson?
A. She was a doctor. B. She was a nurse. C. She was a teacher.
18.According to the passage, which f the following is right?
A. The children were noisy.
B. The children were quick.
C. The children thought about nothing.
19.What can we learn from the passage?
A. People in Asian countries wear black clothes at funeral.
B. People in Asian countries wear red clothes at funeral.
C. People in Asian countries wear white clothes at fu
1. What does the man want the woman to do?
A. To talk on the phone
B. To turn off the TV
C. To turn down the TV
2. Where does the conversation probably take place?
A. In a restaurant B. In a hot C. At an airport
3. What does the man invite the woman to do this afternoon?
A. See a film B. Go climbing C. Go swimming
4. How much will the woman pay together?
A.＄3.50 B.＄21.50 C.＄25
5. What will Peter do this afternoon?
A. Drive a car B. Go skating C. play table tennis
6. What are the two speakers talking about?
A. A picnic plan
B. A coming exam
C. A coming job interview
7. How is the woman feeling now?
A. Fine B. Responsible C. Nervous
8. Who are the two speakers?
A. Teacher and student B. Friends C. Boss and employee
9. What was the woman doing when the man called her?
A. Watching TV B. Seeing a concert C. Waiting for her parents.
10. What will the weather be like tomorrow?
A. Sunny B. Windy C. Rainy
11. When will the man and the woman meet tomorrow?
A. At 10:30 B. At 11:30 C. At 1:00 pm
12. How long has the man been on a diet?
A. Three months B. Four months C. Two months
13. What was the best advice the man got from his trainer?
A. Exercise more each day.
B. Exercise more but eat less each day
C. Eat more times a day but eat less at each meal.
14. What does the woman think of the advice?
A. Interesting B. Reasonable C. Strange
15. When did the woman’s grandmother pass away?
A. Yesterday B. Two days ago C. Three days ago
16. Where did the woman’s grandmother pass away?
A. At home B. In a hospital C. On a trip
17. What was the woman doing when her grandmother passed away?
A. Working B. Sleeping C. Travelling
18. What should parents do to prevent teens from starting to smoke?
A. Not to smoke in front of their children.
B. To take their children to attend some lectures on smoking
C. To discuss smoking facts and information with their children.
19. How many out of every ten deaths in the US is caused by cigarette smoking?
A. One B. Two C. Three
20. According to the text, how many people in the US die from second-hand smoke a year?
A. About 5,000 people
B. Less than 50,000 people
C. More than 50,000 people
21. Ladies and gentlemen, please remain ________ until the plane has come to a complete stop.
A. seat B. seating C. to seat D. seated
22. Take care during the holidays! Drinking too much can ________ heart disease and cause high blood pressure.
A. relate to B. contribute to
C. attend to D. devote to
23. As nobody here knows what is wrong with the machine，we must send for an engineer to________the problem.
A. handle B. raise C. face D. present
24. I must call for help, the air-conditioner ________ on such a hot day.
A. broke down B. brot C. brop D. broke off
25. Health problems are closely connected with bad eating habits and a ________ of exercise.
A. limit B. lack C. need D. demand
26. Her mother doesn't ________of her going to study in the United States alone.
A. admit B. agree C. prove D. approve
27. Neither I nor Jane and Mary tired of having one examination after another.
A. is B. are C. am D. be
28. more attention and caring , the patient would have recovered.
A. Give B. Giving C. If giving D. Given
29. ----She may not be free today.
---- ________, we’ll have to put the meeting off.
A. If may B. If she may not
C. If not D. If she may not be free today
30. I finally got the job I dreamed about. Never in all my life ________ so happy.
A. did I feel B. I felt
C. I had felt D. had I felt
31. While you were out, you should r doors and windows ________.
A. close B. closing C. closed D. be closed
32. At the foot of the mountain ________.
A. a village lie B. lies a village
C. does a village lie D. lying a village.
33. ---Shall we go out for a walk or go to the movie?
---________ . They are both great ideas.
A. It makes no difference to me B. That’s all right
C. Yes, we shall. I like them D. It doesn’t matter
34. Some people waste a lot of food _______ others in the world haven’t enough food.
A. after B. when C. while D. as
35. I was about to leave the room ____the telephone rang, so I stopped______ it.
A. where; to answer B. where; answering
C. when; to answer D. when; answering