PART ONE LISTENING COMPREHENSION
SECTION A （15%）
Directions: In this section, you’ll hear 6 conversations between 2 speakers. For each conversation, there are several questions and each question is followed by 3 choices. Listen to the conversations carefully and then answer the questions by marking the corresponding letters (A,B or C) on the question booklet.
You will hear each conversation TWICE.
1. When does the conversation probably take place?
A. In the morning. B. In the afternoon. C. In the evening.
2. How long has the restaurant been open?
A. Over 60 years. B. Over 16 years. C. Over 6 years.
3. For how long haven’t the two speakers met?
A. 10 years. B. 15 years. C. 20 years.
4. Where does the conversation probably take place?
A. At the airport. B. In a hospital. C. In a restaurant.
5. What will the man do on Monday?
A. Meet a visitor. B. Have a business trip. C. Have dinner with the woman.
6. When will the man go to the dentist?
A. On Tuesday. B. On Wednesday. C. On Thursday.
7. Where does the man come from?
A. Canada . B. America . C. France .
8. Why does the man want to buy some records of Charles?
A. He broke the same ones.
B. His sister likes them very much.
C. He wants to give them to his father.
9. Where does the woman find the records?
A. In the window . B. On the shelf. C. In the suitcase.
10. What’s the probable relationship between the two speakers?
A. colleagues. B. couple. C. business partners.
11. What is the woman’s attitude to Vincent’s management style?
A. Admirable . B. Doubtful. C. Indifferent.
12. Who plays a big part in getting the job for Vincent?
A. His uncle . B. His father. C. His aunt.
13. What will the woman do?
A. Have a class. B. Attend a meeting. C. Have a test.
14. Why does the man come to see the woman?
A. To give his drawings.
B. To ask for permission for a course.
C. To borrow drawing books with her work.
15. When will the woman give the man a reply?
A. Tomorrow. B. This evening. C. The day after tomorrow.
SECTION B （5 %）
Directions: In this section, you will hear a short passage. Listen carefully 广州市2016-2017学年下学期高二年级英语期中模拟试题02
1. What can we learn from the conversation?
A. John is going to give a speech.
B. John won’t come to the meeting.
C. The woman doubts whether John will come.
2. What are the speakers discussing?
A. A book by a new author.
B. A book they have both read.
C. A book by an author they both know.
3. Which is the woman going to choose next year?
A. Extra sport. B. Cooking. C. Art.
4. How is the woman getting along with her piano lessons?
A. She is tired of them.
B. She is making progress.
C. She wants to give them up.
5. Why did Mr. Green knock the girl down?
A. He was driving fast.
B. He didn’t see the girl.
C. He was drunk.
6. When does the train arrive in Newcastle?
A. 13:30, Tuesday. B. 13:30, Monday. C. 11:30, Tuesday.
7. How much does the man have to pay for the ticket?
A.￡40 B.￡25 C.￡15
8. What kind of animal has been most commonly drawn in the cave?
A. The horse. B. The bull. C. The fish.
9. Why was the cave closed in 1963?
A. The tourists had drawn pictures on the walls.
21. — Why is the cake so expensive?
—Maybe you don’t know a cake made of wheat costs less than __made of rice.
A. one B. that C. the one D. another
22. —Hello, Jane. I come to say goodbye to you. I’ll start a new job in another company
A. Oh, no problem B. Oh, enjoy yourself
C. Oh, all the best D. Oh, have a happy day
23. A smile of ______ appeared on her face when she was told that her child behaved well at school.
A. satisfaction B. inspiration C. regulation D. tension
24. The ambulance was just arriving, for a worker, who ______ the window on the second floor, fell off the window.
A. had been repairing B. was repairing
C. has been repairing D. would be repairing
25. Children are ____ to meet with setbacks as they grow up, so their parents don’t have to worry about it.
A. possible B. due C. necessary D. bound
26. Fiona ________her husband after years of unhappiness and soon married again.
A. divorced B. was divorced C.dicorced with D. was divorced with
27. It is a social problem that many people fail to ______ enough money to last for the rest of their lives.
A. set up B. set off C. set out D. set aside
28. Exciting as its special effects are ____, there is too much violence in the film.
A. to watch B. to be watched C. watching D. being watched
29. He had little to leave for his children ______ he worked very hard all his life.
A. as though B. even though C. now that D. only if
30. ----Can you think of another good idea?
----This is the best approach I can imagine ________ the work ahead of schedule.
A. to accomplish B. to accomplishing C. accomplishing D. accomplished
31. So important ___ it to get on well with people around that I have decided to learn some communication skills.
A. I have found B. have I found C. I was feeling D. was I feeling
32. A traffic regulation released in a foreign country states that passengers sharing a car with a drunken driver _____ be punished together with the driver himself.
A. can B. must C. shall D. will
33. Than for your timely help; otherwise we _______ in great trouble now.
A. must have been B. would have been
C. would be D. must be
34. He witnessed Yushu, a county in Qinghai Province hit by _____ unexpected earthquat the Yushu people haven’t lost heart, vowing to turn their homeland into _____ more beautiful Yushu.
A. a; a B. an; the C. the; a D. an; a
35.---- Where did you watch the national flag being raised last Monday morning?
---- It was on the square _____ we flew kites sometimes.
A. which B. that C. to which D. where
A few weeks ago, I followed a friend into an art supply store. I found him pict tubes of water-color paint, which 36 me because he’s not an artist.
“I 37 up for a water-color class, and it starts next week,” he said. “I really don’t have 38 for it, but it was on my list of 50 things to do before I die, so I 39 it. Every few months I look at the list and decide what to focus on next. 40 I had the list, I complained a lot about what I was 41 in my life. Now I just bury myself in doing these things. Write your own list, and you’广州市2016-2017学年下学期高二年级英语期中模拟试题03
1. What did the woman eat?
A. An egg B. An apple C. A pear
2. What can we learn about the girl’s T-shirt?
A. She bought it B. It’s her present C. It’s her prize
3. How old is the house?
A. 90 years old B. 200 years old C. 290 years old
4. What was George going to do?
A. To attend a class B. To see his mother C. To move to London
5. Who does the man probably want to talk to?
A. The manager B. The woman operator C. A person in Office 708
6. Who’s living with the woman?
A. A pet B. No one C. Her parents
7. Which animal does the woman prefer?
A. A dog B. A cat C. A pig
8. What will the class meeting be about?
A. Welcoming a new teacher B. Selecting a new monitor C. Helping a new student
9. What does the boy think the new monitor should be like?
A. Good at everything B. Willing to help others C. Excellent in studies
10. What’s the new house like?
A. Very big B. Very bright C. Very beautiful
11. What color have they decided to paint the walls?
A. Pink B. Yellow C. Blue
12. What’s wrong with the bedroom?
A. It’s too huge B. It’s a little bit small C. It’s too dark
13. Why is the air cleaner nowadays?
A. The government started the traffic control
B. Some people do not go to work
C. The government controls the air pollution
14..When will the control end?
A. Never B. In two months C. In two weeks
15. Which way of getting to work hasn’t the woman suggested?
A. Taking a subway B. Riding a bike C. Going on foot
21. －Have you been wasting time on computer games again?
－______. I’ve been studying a lot and I need a break
A. No way B. Not really C. I don’t agree D. I couldn’t agree more
22.－May I have a loor book?
A. By this means B. By all means C. By the way D. By any means
23. Because ______ unemployment is very high at present, it’s not easy for a fresh graduate to find ______ satisfying job as he wishes.
A. the; / B. /; a C. an; a D. an; the
24. Could I speak to ______ is in charge of International Sales, please?
A. anyone B. someone C. whoever D. no matter who
25. It suddenly ______ to the detective that the millionaire was probably murdered by his own daughter.
A. happened B. occurred C. thought D. took place
26. ______ worries me the way he keeps changing his mind.
A. This B. That C. What D. It
27. Don’t be ______ by products promising to ma lose weight quickly.
A. taken off B. tat C. taken away D. taken in
28. He finally became a rocperstar－his long and hard training ______
A. took off B. paid off C. sent off D. broke off
29. －Will he attend the concert tonight?
－No, the won’t, because he ______ for an important competition.
A. prepared B. was preparing C. has been preparing D. has prepared
30. The bell ______ the end of the class rang, ______ the heated discussion.
A. indicating; interrupting B. indicated; interrupted
C. indicating; interrupted D. indicated; interrupting
31. He is a successful businessman; he ______ his success more to luck than to ability.
A. attaches B. adapts C. owes D. fastens
32. The first time he met the girl he was ______by her wisdom and fell in love with her…3……….
A. hit B. hurt C. struck D. beaten
33. AIDS is said ______ the biggest health challenge to both me and women in that area over the past few years.
A. that it is B. to be C. that it has been D. to have been
34. Tomorrow is Tom’s birthday. Have you got any idea ______ the party is to be held?
A. what B. which C. that D. where
35. Excuse me, but I want to use your computer to type a report.
－You ______ have my computer if you don’t ta